Sedation Dentists in Encinitas, CA
Put Your Dental Anxiety To Rest With Our Relaxation Tips & Sedative Options
Are you worried about your trip to the dental clinic? Does the idea of sitting in a dentist’s chair make you feel nervous? Do you tend to postpone your preventative dental cleanings and checkups because of your nervousness and stress? If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then our caring dentists and staff at McElroy Smiles By Design can help you. With our comforting amenities, relaxation techniques, and even our sedation options, our Encinitas, CA, sedation dentists can transform your dental care visit into a gentle, calming, and enjoyable experience.
Come experience McElroy Smiles By Design! You will see our sedation dentists in Encinitas, CA, offer innovative and effective pain-free dental care in Encinitas, CA, San Diego, CA, Carlsbad, CA, San Marcos, CA, Vista, CA, Oceanside, CA, Solana Beach, CA, Del Mar, CA, Rancho Santa Fe, CA, and Escondido, CA.
Keep reading to learn about the ways you can feel more relaxed during your dental appointment at McElroy Smiles By Design.
Learn More About…
Our Comfort Amenities
Our entire team at McElroy Smiles By Design wants you to feel relaxed and comfortable during your visit. To help you feel at ease while you wait to see our Encinitas, CA, sedation dentists, we offer a selection of beverages – including tea, coffee, hot chocolate, juices, and bottled water.
You can also enjoy access to additional complimentary amenities before and during your dental appointment, including…
- Wi-Fi services
- Flat screen cable TV
- Lumbar pillows
These amenities are available for any friends or family who might accompany you on your visit to our Encinitas dental office, as well.
Finally, after your treatment, we will give you warm towels, so you can freshen up before going on with your day. In short, your comfort is one of our top priorities every moment you are with us! To learn more about our comfort amenities, call us at 760-479-9898, or click here to take advantage of our $99 Dr. McElroy New Patient Dental Health Exam.
In our open and caring setting, you will be provided dental care by professionals who understand and sympathize with your dental anxiety. We help you to feel at ease, not only with our extensive expertise and skill in dentistry but also through our efforts to take care of your emotional requirements. Should you have any questions or concerns about how our Encinitas, CA, sedation dentists can help you overcome anxiety and fear, please don’t hesitate to call us at 760-479-9898.
Whether you opt for sedation or not when you visit our dental office in Encinitas, you can reduce your anxiety with these time-tested techniques recommended and used by our dentists…
- Tell us how you feel – At the beginning of your visit, don’t let embarrassment or shyness stop you from sharing your fears with us. Our compassionate dentists and staff understand dental anxiety, and we want to know when you feel nervous. This way, we can take additional steps to help you feel more at ease.
- Talk to us about your procedure – It makes sense to feel nervous if you don’t know what’s about to happen! To help you avoid experiencing fear of the unknown, we can explain exactly what will happen during your procedure. At McElroy Smiles By Design, we welcome you to ask as many questions as you want to. If you like, we can also talk through the steps of your procedure as we do them, so you always know exactly what is about to happen.
- Bring a portable music player – Music acts as a relaxant, and it can also drown out any fear-producing noises. Enjoying some calming music during your appointment may lessen your anxiety.
- Agree on a signal – Some people fear that their dentist won’t realize they’re in pain during treatment. You can reduce this fear by deciding on a “pause please” hand signal with our dentists.
- Request a throat spray – Throat sprays (for instance, Vicks® Chloraseptic® Throat Spray) can actually control the gag reflex. A couple of sprays will often keep the reflex in check for about an hour or so.
- Bring a mirror to your appointment – Not having the ability to observe what is happening can raise stress and anxiety and make your imagination run wild. Watching the procedure will help keep reality at the front of your mind.
- Ask us about our sedation dentistry options – If you continue to experience notable anxiety about your dental visit, ask our experienced sedation dentists in Encinitas, CA, about medical options for helping you to relax. These options are explained more thoroughly in the next section.
Thanks to the training, experience, and continuing education of our sedation dentists in Encinitas, CA, our dental office possesses a range of “No-Fear” sedation options for your peace of mind. With our doctor-supervised medical relaxation options, even the most fearful of patients find themselves relaxed throughout their visit to McElroy Smiles By Design.
- Nitrous Oxide Gas Sedation – Studies show that nitrous oxide gas (more commonly known as laughing gas) is the most effective option for scared patients. The anxiety-controlling effects are oftentimes astounding. More often than not, a person who was anxious walking into a dental reservation is visibly relaxed after maybe one or two breaths of nitrous gas.
- Oral Conscious Relaxation Dentistry – Oral conscious sedation dentistry (the little “sleep-through-your-dentistry” pill) has become the most common technique in North America to allay dental patients’ anxieties. The method is not difficult and does not require needles. Best of all, the medications create such a soothing encounter that the majority of patients do not recall much about their visit; it is as though they were unconscious through the entire treatment. As a matter of fact, oral sedation dentistry permits you to be kept conscious throughout the course of the whole treatment, but patients most likely won’t be able to remember much of it.
- IV Sedation Dentistry – Less than 1% of dentists are certified to provide IV sedation dentistry, which offers more reliable and deeper sedation than either of the options listed above. Dr. McElroy was among the first doctors in California to be certified to administer IV sedation. To this day, he remains dedicated to providing safe, supervised dental sedation for your benefit at our Encinitas dental office.
When you feel ready for a worry-free dental experience, schedule your appointment with our friendly and experienced sedation dentists in Encinitas, CA. Call 760-479-9898 or click here to request your appointment today!